We've been taking on fairly large slices of the platform and product for a few weeks in a row so this last week was spent mostly wrapping up loose ends and making small improvements here and there.
We've also been hard at work on our chat widget, but it's not quite ready for demoing yet!
- 👀 Timeline entries are now marked as read more granularly: If you only scroll only 3 of 5 messages into view, only those 3 will be marked as read.
- 🏃♀️ To make chat feel super snappy, we now optimistically update the timeline when a chat message has been successfully sent. This makes it feel a lot faster and cuts out some ~300-500ms from the time it takes for the timeline to update from pressing send on a chat.
- 🔄 We improved the Support App's scroll handing in the timeline to make pinning to the bottom (e.g. chat-style inverted scrolling) more reliable. Turns out… this is a Hard Problem ™️
- ✅ We’ve also improved our handling of a number of edge cases and errors in our GraphQL subscription infrastructure.
New & shiny
- ✨ We now have a new GraphQL subscription to subscribe to a specific customer. In the future, this will be used to update a customer's status or their details when they change.